Our team based in Stockholm (Sweden). Beside the work that each of us does in their spare time, we meet every Wednesday evening at the Abbenay hackerspace. Within the team there is no formal distribution of tasks, and we take most decision in an informal way. Most of the times whoever has the will and time to work on a specific aspect of the project takes the lead on that specific issue, implementing the feedback of other team members. To date, these are our team members [and what they mostly worked on so far]:
- Mac Ryan - Programming in general (both helmsman and admiral), hull, wingsail and rudder design and construction, website.
- Erland Lewin - Arduino programming (helmsman), sensors & electronics, hull building.
- Johan Strombom - Mechanics, hull building.
- Simon Inns [currently on sabbatical from the project]- Onboard electronics and sensors.
Our project relies also on the availability of friends and family, who help us on a per-need basis. Special thanks to:
- Mårten Stenius - team member until family commitments made impossible for him to participate (it was his RC boat that we gloriously obliterated on the first test!), still contributes to the project when he can. Most of the pictures from our first test were taken by him. Thank you!
- Henrik & Sophia Kniberg - in their own words, they run the "Magellan Research&Development Testing Marina" or - in other terms - they provide waterfront access, rescue boats, food and above all warm welcoming to all the MM crew on test days! Thank you!
- Folke Naredi - lets us kindly use some of his tools and power-tools, so that we can use our scarce resources to buy materials and components, instead. Thank you!
Our team is open. If you're interested in joining our effort, let us know!